Oxford Direct Services is a commercial division of Oxford City Council.
It was established as an integral part of the Council developing a commercial face in 2012.
Oxford Direct Services is an established local organisation and has wide experience of working with a range of public and private sector organisations as well as individual customers from across Oxfordshire.
With an estimated city population of 152,000 residents, 46,000 commuters and an estimated 9.5 million visitors a year with access to the council’s services we have become experts in delivering some of the most competitively sourced products and services available that residents, businesses and organisations can take advantage of.
Oxford Direct Services understands the business need for a sustainable, cost effective and quality service that achieves environmental compliance and saves money. We offer flexible and reliable services which meet customer and environmental needs. Services are of the highest quality and can be tailored to suit the needs of your organisation.
All Services Offered
We are a versatile organisation with over 40 years' experience in some areas. We offer a variety of services that fall into the seven categories below:
- Electrical inspections and installations
- Gas servicing, repairs and installations
- Responsive repair works in all disciplines
- Property improvement, planned and cyclical works
- Empty property management
- Gutter clearance
- Mixed-recycling collections and disposal
- Single material recycling collections and disposal
- Food waste recycling collections and disposal
- General waste collections and disposal
- Bulky waste collections and disposal
- Servicing, repairs and maintenance
- Maintenance review service
- Private hire and Hackney carriage compliance
- Pre-purchase inspections
- Bodyworks repairs
- Tree services, including tree surveying, tree planting and maintenance
- Play area inspections
- Sports and fine turf management and maintenance
- Cemetery and countryside management including tractor work
- Thorough deep cleans
- Landscape maintenance requirements
- General horticultural maintenance including garden clearances and weed spraying
- Street furniture installations
- Graffiti and flyposting removal
- Abandoned vehicle, bicycle, flytipping and sharps removal and disposal
- Sign manufacturing and installation
- Road marking and line painting services
- Jetter services
- Winter maintenance services
- General civil engineering works
Prevention & treatment of:
- Rats and mice
- Cluster flies