A tachograph is a device fitted into a commercial vehicle to measure the engine speed.
There are two types of tachograph; analogue and digital (In accordance with the law, all vehicles registered on or after 1 May 2006 must have a digital tachograph fitted. )
- Must be calibrated and sealed by an approved vehicle manufacturer or calibration centre
- Checked every two years
- Recalibrated every six years
- Must be calibrated every two years
- Must be calibrated after any repair
- Must be calibrated if the vehicle registration number changes
- Must be calibrated if UTC is out by more than 20 minutes
- Must be calibrated after an alteration to the circumference of the tyres or characteristic coefficient.
Oxford Direct Services is VOSA approved, and one of Oxford’s leading centres for analogue tachographs and digital tachographs, to all makes of vehicles, so you can be assured of the highest standard of service.
Our Tachograph Testing Service
Whether you are a sole operator with a single vehicle or are a company with a fleet, Oxford Direct Services can assist.
Our experienced technicians can carry out anything from a full standard calibration to a routine service and essential repairs so that your device remains compliant at all times. Our facility is an official Approved Tachograph Centre, so you can have every faith in our technicians to carry out a professional and expert job.
If you have a tachograph, certain aspects of it’s performance will be subject to statutory annual test in accordance with VOSA. Furthermore, nationwide roadside tests conducted by VOSA and the police also take place. For this reason, we recommend keeping a firm eye on your tachograph to ensure it’s in excellent working condition at all times. For standard maintenance, we recommend an appointment every two years.
In cases where there are minor repairs needed, we can carry these out in our depot. If a replacement is called for, our technicians can safely fit, seal and calibrate a new tachograph.